An Inside Job

Friday, February 19, 2010

Water Goddess Goes for a Walk

Feb 19, 2010 We went for a walk today.. just to the park next door. Victoria Park. Sat on the bench for a bit. A 3 year old stood looking at the painting and commented, "She needs to get out of the water." When I asked him why he said that he said she doesn't need to be there. I am always amazed at the wisdom of children. I walked through the park for a bit with my painting in hand. It is such a beautiful day. The sun shone brightly I had forgot my water bottle so headed across the street to the local convenience store. The owner of the store is always so sweet to me. She looked at the painting with wide eyes and said at first she thought it was Jesus, then the Virgin Mary. I put the painting down and she contemplated it for a bit and announced "it is you!" mmmm.. Heading back towards the park this man starts running towards me.. "I need to talk to you." I stopped and waiting for him. He had this big grin on his face. " I was driving down londsdale and saw you and your painting. I turned around and came to find you. You need to not let it be in the sun, it will change the colours." he went on to tell me he is a house painter and knows paint and art needs to be viewed from a distance and protected from UV. I attempted to get a business card or to give him mine but he declined and as quickly as he appeared he went on his way. Back home we went. I noticed that one of the edges on the painting was still a bit tacky and was wearing a pretty blue spot on my new pants. Think she needs to sit and dry a bit more before going out.. to read the whole story and see all of her pictures please go to www.taylyn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment